Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A goodbye and many thanks...... from Stacy.

My time at Two Peas is finally up. Today I worked my last full shift. Tomorrow I go in for just two hours to open up the studio. These last few days have been very bittersweet for me. In a way, I'm looking forward to what new adventures and opportunities await me. But I'm also sad to leave behind such a wonderful group of people. From co-workers to my loyal customers. I have come to realize that I really didn't look at this so much as a job but as an experience I was very lucky to have.

My boss, friend and mentor Colleen has shown me so much. Taught me so much and just looking back and seeing the growth she has inspired in me, not only as an artist, but as a business woman, a confident woman. She has not only taught me how to work with clay (which she will attest to, I fought tooth and nail) but she's also helped me learn to trust myself. To look inside of myself and meet a challenge head on. She has given me so much insight on the inner workings of running a studio, along with things that she wishes she should of done or not done. Her experience and teachings will only help me when I decide to open up my own studio. And to be honest, when that day comes, I would not of been able to do it without knowing her and having her in my life. And she will be the first person that I invite for my grand opening.

She's open my eyes to things outside of the ceramic world as well. For one (and my favorite thing) is now my love of the 'Outlander' Series. I will never look at strong, redheaded Scottish men the same. (Rawr...)
I hope in return, is that I've shown her that there are people in life that she can rely on and that being bubbly and silly can be a good thing.

Secondly, my customers. Last night was ladies night. My last. I was meant to work that night. I had customers come in that I hadn't seen in a while. It was wonderful to set eyes on them again. But the best part was when I had brand new customers come in. My last Ladies Night was a shining reminder of why I love what I do. Why I fill with pride and joy when I see a customers artwork at the end of the night come out and that they actually like it b/c of my guidance and advice. My heart swells with pride and joy when I have customers come up and say to me, "thank you for taking the time to explain to me how to do this", or "Thank you for helping me". It makes those tough times so much more bearable to have that little nugget of knowledge in my head.

Third - My groupies. Those select few ladies who are regulars who I LOVE. And I mean, love. One special person stands out among all the rest for me. Phyllis. I can not say how much I absolutely adore you. Not only have you supported me in some seriously rough times in my life but you've been someone who makes me laugh and gives me hope in my life. Her friendship to me over these last few years has meant so much to me. She is my surrogate mother, my friend and my blessing. I hope that through the years, her and I stay in tough. I sure plan on making a plan of it. Phyllis - I love you. Thank you for being so wonderful to someone who feels truly blessed to have known you. Just know that whenever I see flip flops, I will think of you.

There are also some people I would like to recognize that have been key components to my life at Two Peas:

Robin and Judy - My first regular customers. I miss you both.

StaceyF - my first coworker. You have beautiful talent. I have missed seeing you.

Jane - Girl, I wish I had more time here and I wish we could of taken advantage of the time we've had. I know we could of caused a lot of trouble. I hope life gives you everything good.

Kristen - My 'official' replacement, lol. You are so wonderful, smart, and have the most beautiful soul on a person I have ever seen. I am so honored that you have chosen to work at Two Peas. I know Colleen couldn't of asked for a better person.

Sandy - You have some serious talent with everything you do. I wish I was going to be around to watch your talent grow as you experiment more with clay. Thank you for all your little gifts over the years and for making the strawberry margarita glass for Cassie. I will miss you.

Gayle - Your work amazes me. AMAZES. You fill me with inspiration and awe. I will miss seeing your creations.

There are so many people, customers, that have touched my life here. You have all made an impact, no matter how small, on me. Every situation has been a learning experience and a joy. I hope that one day, the things I have learned from being a part of this, I can return tenfold to you all.

Oh! And I have to throw this in......
To all my family and friends: Thank you for being good sports over the years with every Christmas or birthday present you have received from me. My philosophy? You can never have enough handpainted pottery gifts. I love you.

Finally, I loved this job. Loved it. I felt that I - Stacy - was finally able to just be ME in my life while I was there. I didn't have on that Mommy hat or wife hat. I was able to put myself neck deep (mostly into clear glaze) into something that had taken a hold of my heart and gave me peace and hope for my life. From seeing brand new babies getting their tiny handprints forever memorized, to the over worked Mom, giving something extra to their children so they can have an outlet to explore their creative side and even to the grandparents who come and sit with their grandchildren as they celebrate their birthdays, I have loved every single minute of it all. I have been so sincerely blessed in my life to know Colleen, to work at Two Peas and to do something I love with all my heart. I will miss it all. I will miss you all. Thank you for letting me be a part (if even if it's just a small one) of it all. And thank you all for being a part of my dream.

- Stacy

No comments: